1. What recycled or recyclable materials are used?
2. How does it improve air quality?
3. Why does it reduce water consumption?
4. Where it is sustainably harvested?
5. Who causes it to reduce fuel consumption (Carbon Footprint) the manufacture, the delivery, the installation and or the use?
Evaluate your product selection by these basic principles? Air quality, recycled, reduces consumption, sustainable and carbon footprint. Just use common sense and judgment because green building really is an old-trident approach to building like low maintenance to heat and cool, non-toxic products. The now rating agencies are just verification systems as evidence in the learning process. It is like comparing square footage to square footage and forgetting about the difference in quality of one to the other.
To estimate your project, go to www.EstimateConstructionCostFirst.com and run your numbers . . . it’s FREE!